Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sweets straight from Paris

My parents have returned from their wanderings on the old continent. They spent some time on our cousins' vineyard in Burgundy, took a trip to Normandy, and gazed up at Mont St. Michel. You can read about their adventures here I had set them the task of getting me one precious little thing from Paris.... A mini coffret of macarons all for moi. They did not fail in the attempt!


The taste is somewhat indescribable... Ok fine, it's crisp on the outside, but as soon as you get to the middle, the delicate thing crumbles into your mouth and inside the soft creamy centre ..... hmm so good.

The bag and the box will be lasting reminders of the deliciousness -- until I get more. Hmm.

I'm so glad they got the lovely green coloured box with gold...very classic.



Tellement mignon, tellement délicieux. Le sigh.


I`m quite obviously going to keep this box forever. If anyone throws these out they`re completely insane.
I`m savouring these.... as slowly as I can. But currently there are only three left. So far my favourite is the vanilla.... Delicious.
xox
Ave



3 comments:

  1. So glad you like them and your pleasure makes waiting in line at La Duree worth it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I am salivating over in faraway Hobart, Australia! What divine photos. If only Laduree were around the corner...
    Jane at http://lifeonplanetbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete