Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas has a Magic of it's own!

After my last post, I got to thinking about other things that make Christmas special. And so I decided it would be good to share some of my favourite books from when I was young - I still read them every year.

This one is very cool, as it's a pop-up book, very intricate. If you get a chance to see one, it's super super cool. Just don't let kids touch it unattended, or suffer the consequences...

Love it, very cute perspective on the Christmas Story, from the viewpoint of the animals. Sweet.

Classic, gotta love it. Anyone else out there mortally afraid of the grandfather who randomly is sitting on top of a clock? Yowzers.


Don't make me sing the song. Because I will. You know I will.



"Bloomin' boots...." and "Lovely Pud" are two things that I still say all the time. Though don't get me started on how Pudding doesn't actually mean pudding, and actually means dessert.




This is the best book, no doubts about it. This is THE christmas story book of my childhood. It's set in Calabria, which is rare, and the story is beautiful. I read it to my students last year and cried. "NO MAGIC AT CHRISTMASTIME, Christmas has a magic of it's own!"






I just discovered this book this weekend, and I'm a sucker for anything Mary Engelbreit. Her drawings are just the best.
Happy Reading!
xox
A.





1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!
    Hope you have a very sexy Christmas!!

    xx Heather

    ReplyDelete