Saturday, August 4, 2012

Second Bedroom Mania

Well well!  I'm blogging like mad now, aren't I? 

Here's the next installment - what we did with that second bedroom.  It's a good sized room, with a closet, and a walk through to the powder room.  As you know, it started off with those double doors, and that weird kitchen window...

 I did like these doors, I did, but when you think about it, they opened outwards, taking up lots of space, and look at that wasted wall space...Mom came up with the idea to get rid of one of the doors, and I think it was brilliant. 
 Here's what it looked like inside before... look at that window thing.  Come on. 
 Closet space, yes, and the door to the bathroom. 
 And here's the semi-finished product!  We gained a lot of space there...
 Here's what it looks like looking towards the kitchen.  The exciting thing was, once this was done, we could FINALLY do the floor.  I was so tired of looking at that mess!
 You can see the smaller window, which will eventually have glass fitted... and of course that fantastic daybed.  I just love that thing!  And the purple toile pillows I got from one of mom's coworkers, with an old blanket mom has had for ages that just works perfectly. 
Time for a nap!

Lots more work to be done in here... We were going to put the desk in here, but when the bed is opened there isn't really enough space... We're working on it!!!

Thanks for reading!
xox
Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment