Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Living Area

And we're back!  Here's a quick look at what has been done in the living room/dining room at the condo. 

 You may remember this was what it looked like before - I especially hated the shelving unit (which for some reason was attached to the wall with glue of some sort), the track lighting bothered me to no end, and the flooring had to go...it was pretty cheap looking and in some places they had tried to repair the flooring with glue and it left long grey messy marks.  Ick.
 So we got to work - John discovering the joys of CLR
 YESSS - The shelf has come down!
 And there's the space without the shelf - looks gross.  ha. 
 We got excited and bought some furniture - I really love the Hemnes line from Ikea.  Seriously.
 The miniature tv in all its glory!
 I have minimal documentation of the floor being put in, but suffice it to say that it makes an enormous difference!  I believe this one was called "Yorkshire Spruce"  and John says he's not sure there are that many spruce trees in Yorkshire...hm. 
 Ah yes, more bits of furniture we acquired at Ikea - these are Hemnes bathroom shelves, which I enjoy, and are the only ones that would fit in such a small space.  You can catch a glimpse on the right of the butterfly I rescued from the garbage at school in my first year teaching. 
 Then the couch arrived...and we joked for ages beforehand that it would come in pieces - har har, how amusing.  Yeah, it came in pieces. 
 John was not amused.  Much colourful language was used.
 But then it was done!  And I got my chaise longue I wanted, and it fits nicely in the corner! 

 We're still in the market for carpets - I'm looking for something like this that doesn't cost 500$.  Yes, this one actually costs that much, but that's because it's from Pottery Barn.  They have it in green too, but I can't see paying 500$ for it... bleh.  Ideas, anyone?  Moroccan scroll carpets are so hot right now.

I will leave you with this parting shot.  Its the truck that came to take away all the leftover crap our "contractor" left behind.  This is the view looking down on it from the balcony.  I believe I was doing a little dance as it drove off. 

Well, there you have it...
More pics to come as always
xox
Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment