Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

I've been meaning to re-watch this movie for a while now. It's not even remotely close to being my favourite movie, but I do like what Sofia Coppola did with this. The story doesn't even matter so much (well, it does, but it's not the focus), what you concentrate on mostly is the fact that every frame is like a work of art. It's kind of like watching a bunch of paintings unfold before your eyes.
If you haven't seen it, you should because it's rather inspiring.

I like this scene because of the way her dress is all billowy behind her. Lovely.

Are those some Laduree macarons I see? Mom and Dad have promised to bring me some back from Paris. Yip yip!

Who doesn't want a beautiful fan? Maybe I should start collecting some... hmmmm...


This was one of my favourite scenes in the movie: shoes everywhere, and feathers and fabrics and cakes. Lots of cakes and champagne.



I think I need a chaise longue surrounded by cakes. that would please me. I don't particularly want a lacky to put my shoes on while I lounge though. That's not my style.
If you haven't ever been to Versailles, there really isn't a good way to put it into words. Huge palace, very beautiful (surtout the gallerie des glaces), but the gardens are the most spectacular part, I'd say. They're immense, and there are mini palaces throughout. I never got to her little hameau village type thing, where she played at being a peasant, while the real folk busted their humps in the world... That's my next mission when I go back to Versailles. I must say though, the Grand Trianon is breathtaking as well.
Happy Travels, or Happy Imaginings, my friends.
xox
Ave




No comments:

Post a Comment