Saturday, July 10, 2010

Liberty Print







I had always heard about Liberty Prints in the various publications I read, but I never knew that they were named after a place - Liberty of London. Well, I've known that for a while now, but I didn't when I was younger. The thing about Liberty Prints are that they toe the line between sweet and raucous. I mean, they're little flowers, all prancing together, what's raucous about that, say you. Liberty of London is well known for their fabrics, but not all of them are as sweet as the liberty print. Look up their 60's designs, and you'll find swirling colours, or giant flowers, or floaty peacock feathers. In other words, it's everything that I love.

Not only does Liberty of London have a pile of fabrics sitting around, they are the most fancy of the luxury department stores. And I've been to a few: Saks 5th Ave, Printemps, Au Bon Marche .... (Holt's doesn't even begin to reach the amazingness that these stores are...) There's something about Liberty of London that is so sumptuous - all dark wood, fancy clothes everywhere, flowers, displays, rambling elevators ... it's like Henry the 8th used to walk around in the place and eat his swan pies or something (I know I know, he didn't), but NEVERTHELESS, you catch my drift.


Liberty has been gaining popularity on this side of the pond, with collaborations with MAC and Target (well fine, in the states), and I really just want to buy everything.
So, uh....who's going to ask them if they want to open a store in Toronto? Hmm - yeah right.

xox
Ave




No comments:

Post a Comment